Wednesday 22 October 2008

Bird watching dog walk

Saw quite a few lapwings on our morning walk to Piddinghoe today.






All of a sudden there were lots of lapwings. Don't know whether they are playing or what, flying like that. Some sideways, one upside down!



Then there was a cormorant trying to get a struggling and wiggling eel into her mouth.



She was soon accompanied by her spouse.



For moral support, maybe.



Click to see the strange green eyes these cormorants have.



A little egret, hiding behind a yellow flower plant...



As usual, I couldn't get nearer to the egret as Zebedee scared it away. So I thought I'd shoot something that doesn't move so fast...



But I didn't give up. I turned back and walked for a bit, and there he was by the river.



The light was lovely in the evening at Castle Hill.




No comments: