Wednesday 29 October 2008

Jay

My bird theme continues. When I stepped onto the street this morning, I saw a jay on the other side of it. It was a very cold morning, almost freezing, and it took me a while to get the long lens on my camera -- by which time the jay had moved further up the street... But I followed. And Zebedee tagged along. (Well, he had no choice.) The jay flew from one tree/bush to another, never staying in one place for more than a second. I followed its every move with my huge lens. I got some strange looks from passers by - they probably thought I was a mad stalker taking photos of someone in their bedroom. I finally got a shot of the jay, but not a great one. But as it is my first time to see a jay in England, I'm posting it.



I've decided I'm going to have to find a place to hang a bird feeder in my garden.

No comments: